Cafe Rio Pork Tacos (Mom)
Pork Barbacoa
1 can of your favorite caramel colored soda (Dr Pepper/Coke/Pespi)
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional- I put cloves and ginger in)
1/4 teaspoon ginger (optional)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 small onion, sliced
4-6 pork loins (I use 4-6 boneless pork spare ribs)
*Oven method:Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix ingredients and place in a 9x13 pan. Cook 15 minutes and stir. Place pork in mixture and cover with foil. Bake 3 hours. Makes 6 servings
*Crockpot method:Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Thelonger it cooks, the more tender it becomes.
Fresh Salsa
1 small can of whole or crushed tomatoes
(the ones that have onion and green peppers make a sweeter salsa)
1-2 roma tomatoes
1/2 small onion
small handful of cilantro (optional)
1 clove of fresh garlic
1 anaheim chili (mild heat)
salt to taste
Put all ingredients in a blender and puree to desired consistency.
Creamy Cilantro Dressing
4 oz. package of cream cheese
1 tablespoon of sour cream1
(7 oz.) can tomatillo salsa (I use a green chile enchilada sauce)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
**1 teaspoon celery salta pinch of ground cumin2 teaspoons garlic powder
**1 bunch fresh cilantro
**1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend untilsmooth and creamy. Add milk to thin to your desired consistency.**I used regular pepper since I didn't have freshly ground pepper. I only put in 1/2 teaspoon because I found one teaspoon made it toospicy for my taste. I also use less garlic powder. I suggest putting in half the amount of garlic, tasting it and adding more ifyou want. I didn't use an entire bunch of cilantro...just a handful.
Place a flour tortilla on a plate and add black beans or pinto beans,rice, romaine lettuce, cheddar cheese, guacamole, sour cream, porkbarbacoa, dressing and corn tortilla strips. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment