Crunchy Asian Slaw (Angela Browder)
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
2 Packages shredded slaw mix - about 16 oz. give or take a few ounces (I typically use the already packaged Slaw mix found with the packaged salad mixes...I use 1 package of the coleslaw with carrots and then a package of angel hair coleslaw, but you can use whatever your heart desires ;-))
Sliced green onions (I typically use 2 green onions)
1 green bell pepper finely diced
1 red bell pepper finely diced
2 packages chicken flavored Ramen Noodles, crumbled, uncooked (seasoning will be used in the dressing)
1 cup sunflower seed
Dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp seasoned salt (lawry's)
2 dashes hot sauce
Ramen Noodle seasoning packets
Directions:
1. Bake the slivered almonds at 275 degrees for about 10-12 minutes
2. In a very large bowl combine slaw mix, almonds, onions, peppers, ramen noodles and sunflower seeds. Mix well.
3. In smaller bowl combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, seasoned salt, hot sauce, and seasoning packets. Mix well.
4. Spoon over slaw ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate. I typically add the dressing the night before so it gets soaked in.
No comments:
Post a Comment